Monday, September 28, 2015

Welcome Party 2015



Hello everyone! How is everything going? In MiraCosta College, the International Office and the Associated Student Government held the international welcome party on Friday, September 25. The welcome party is an event for new international students to meet people and make many friends. Although I said it was "for new international students," it doesn't mean anybody else cannot join the party. Of course, anybody can freely take part in it! I also went to the party to interview some students there.



Even though I was at the party only for about one hour, it was actually lasting for three or four hours. At the party, there were free delicious lunch, outdoor activity, indoor games, and a movie! A lot of fun stuff, right?! All students who participated seemed enjoy them pretty much. Since I could talk to some people during the lunch time, let me talk about that.




At the party, I could see people from various countries, but what I was surprised at the most was there were more native speakers there than I expected. They told me they joined it because they wanted to make international friends and come in contact with foreign cultures. As an international student, I was really glad to hear that. Of course, I talked to foreign students as well (I could find many Japanese students there!!). What all students I interviewed said in common was they all liked MiraCosta College!!  According to them,

  • campus atmosphere and people in the college are nice
  • MiraCosta has all learning facilities, so everything encourages students to study comfortably
  • Japanese students commented that U.S. students have a lot of motivation to study, different than university students in Japan




Check out more photos on the MiraCosta Peer Leader Facebook Page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment